For the months of June, July and August we move to a less structured, more flexible daily routine based on summer fun through play. There will still be monthly themes with related art and activities but the interests of the children and their ideas will dictate how much time we will spend on things.
We will bring the classroom outdoors and engage in painting, games, water fun, picnics, bubbles, sidewalk chalk and other summer camp type activities. There will be some messy play so please do not send them in their Sunday best. A change of clothes can be brought to school and left in your child’s cubby in case we need them.
Important information for you to know
- Please, no flip flops or open toed sandals. All sandals must have a back strap.
- I encourage you to send a hat with your child for him/her to wear. We do sunscreen them but there is nothing better than keeping the sun off their faces. We also do not have a lot of shade on the
- We have water play scheduled for 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Water play is weather dependent so we may change days and times as weather and scheduled activities allow. Please bring a suit and towel to leave at school. These can be left all week and taken home Fridays to be laundered.
- Friday lunches will be picnics outside at the picnic tables.
- Monthly field trips will be planned and you will be given the information as soon as we have it. Please join us if you can.
- No toys from home except for on Fridays. Toys we can use outside are preferred.
- We will let you know if we need any supplies for specific projects throughout the summer.
June 6, 8, 13, 15, 20 and 22 | Water Play
We will be closed for July 4th
When the weather gets warmer
Download Monthly calendar »